Grasscloth Wallcovering – Bamboo and grasscloth wallcoverings certainly look nice. And that they definitely slot in using the current trend in eco-friendly designs. Bamboo textured wallcoverings are made out of grass and therefore are fast growing. Unlike hardwoods, which take many decades to mature, bamboo could be harvested in three to five years, regenerates without need for replanting and requires minimal fertilization or pesticides.
However, coming from the wallpaper hanger’s point of view, bamboos may be a challenge. Grasscloth wallcoverings generally cut easily, however the thicker bamboos are, the greater difficult they‘re to chop.
The tactic We have been using recently might not be the solution to all bamboo cutting problems, but It‘s certainly eliminated 75% of the issues I‘d been having in cutting thick bamboo having a straight edge and inside a time efficient manner.
For me, I think that paneling employment, where possible, is the simplest way to install bamboo wallpapers. The simplest method I‘ve found to chop panels of bamboo wallcovering right all the way down to size is to make use of a circular chop saw. It might sound extreme, but it really works well to chop the edges from the bamboo wallcovering cleanly and it‘s extremely quick and efficient – forget about struggling to saw with the bamboo with tin snips.
grinding blade inside the chop saw. This works well upon the darker bamboos, but could leave a slight burning mark upon the lighter bamboo papers. The marks Haven‘t been severe sufficient to present a significant problem and also the paper can usually be placed to cover any marks that appear, for instance, by placing the paper against a window trim.
However, by experimenting, I‘ve found that it must be better to make use of a fine toothed tungsten-tip blade
This means placing the blade inside the chop saw inside the reverse direction – and then it cuts the paper without marking it and likewise doesn‘t
the material and cause problems when you are attempting to chop.
The tactic I exploit usually is to :
- Have a roll of bamboo wallcovering and produce sure It‘s tightly rolled.
- Stand the bamboo on end and tap gently to be certain the edges are straight.
- Wrap blue masking tape tightly around each end – about 1 inch in from each end.
- Place another section of blue masking tape all around the place to intend to chop – this‘ll depend upon the dimensions from the panels you would like to use.
- Put the bamboo inside the chop-saw ; hold on tight towards the roll of paper and cut slowly.
- This process can help to chop the bamboo wallcovering for paneling. It won‘t help for cutting the bamboo whenever you be able to arrive at installing inside the corners. There will be different methods to chop for corners, including use of the template –